UNDER CONSTRUCTION WILL HAVE BACK IN “PROFESSIONAL” FORMAT REAL SOON – THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTAND!
Important dates for 2016 enrollment:
Medicare Advantage (generally for those age 65 and older): Each year, you have the option of making changes to your Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plan (or Medicare Part D) during open enrollment. Open enrollment for the coming year runs from October 15 to December 7, so open enrollment for 2016 will begin on October 15, 2015.
During this period, you can switch from original Medicare to Medicare Advantage, or vice versa. You can also switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another, or from one Medicare Part D (prescription drug) plan to another, or drop your Medicare Part D coverage altogether. We can help!
Medical Insurance – Affordable Care Act (ACA) or ObamaCare (generally for those under age 65)
- November 1, 2015: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll in a 2016 Marketplace plan
- January 1, 2016: First date 2016 coverage can start
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends
If you don’t enroll in a 2016 plan by January 31, 2016, you can’t enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. The Annual individual shared responsibility payment is the greater of:
- 2.5% of the taxpayer’s household income that is above the tax return filing threshold of the taxpayer’s filing status, or
- The taxpayer’s flat dollar amount, which is $695.00 per adult and $347.50 per child, limited to a family maximum of $2,085.00.
- However the total payment amount is capped at the cost of the national average annual premium for a Bronze level health plan available through the Marketplace in 2016.
Confused about how to get coverage or if you quality for a tax credit? Not sure if you can qualify for coverage because of a “qualifying life event?” We can help!
Long -Term Care Insurance
I find a lot of confusion concerning the financial importance of insuring against the cost of care outside of traditional medical insurance (Home Health Care and various forms of Long-Term Care). Please look under the LTCI Overview tab for additional information.
WE WILL TAKE THE TIME TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR OPTIONS
TAILOR A PLAN TO FIT YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS!